10 Must-Dos to Achieve Equity & Diversity in your Classroom
Promoting equity and diversity in the classroom need not be a challenge and is something all children deserve.
- Use a variety of teaching methods to reach all modalities-- auditory, visual, and kinesthetic.
- Use a variety of assessment strategies to meet the testing needs of all students
- Use adaptive equipment and strategies as needed to meet all learner needs (large print, visuals, ect...)
- Set clear rules in regard to treating others fairly and equitably.
- Encourage students to take on roles (that showcases their strengths) in heterogeneous cooperative groups.
- Build a classroom community grounded in the principles of a democracy.
- Avoid stereotypes and support gender neutrality in examples and resources.
- Actively support multiculturalism in your lessons and the resources you use.
- Ensure all students have equitable access to opportunities, resources, and participation that encourage growth and success.
- Plan lessons that reflect the diversity of students in your classroom.
Let me Join you on your NBPTS Journey!
Maintenance of Certification : Join Here